Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Never Stop Learning


Recently I've given a couple talks to students of the Tech Talent South about how I became a Software Engineer.  At the end of the talks I often get questions about how they can change their lives to be more focused on developing for the web.  Since the answer to that question has changed for me over time I've decided to put down some notes on what I do to stay on top of my game.
  1. Read Hacker News every day.
  2. Subscribe to news digests (ex: HTML 5 Weekly, Ruby Weekly)
  3. Care about what you work on.
  4. Don't be afraid of new technology.
  5. Ask other developers to review your code.
  6. Use Twitter and follow programmers, not celebrities.
As these things come to me I'll update this post accordingly.  Thanks for reading and remember....NEVER STOP LEARNING.

No comments:

Post a Comment