Friday, May 4, 2012

New Kids On The Block

There is nothing sweet about this song:


The reason I called the blog "New Kids On The Block" is because I just did something from my childhood.  Growing up I was probably the only family on the whole block that didn't have television in the home.  My parents are hippies and they didn't want us rotting our brains away watching social propaganda.  No, instead they gave us the internet and unlocked the pandora box that was hiding inside each of our innocent minds.  I think it was a good call.

Anys, today I cancelled cable television.  Technically it's not canceled until later this month because I visited this site and decided to set the date for termination as May 20th so that can watch the biggest sporting event of 2012, but it's more or less gone.  I have found that I'm not watching any TV anyways, aside from mindless sportscenter, so it's a good financial call to drop it as well.  $100.

Life is easier when you remove unnecessary distractions.


No comments:

Post a Comment