Friday, January 20, 2012

This Is Not A Joke

I'm currently managing a software project that has been on going for over a year.  We're in the final months of development and moving in to delivery.  I have been staying up late because when I lay down my brain starts going over every single aspect of the project, questioning my decisions, double checking that we didn't miss a business rule and measuring whether or not we'll hit our deadline with such a large load of work still untouched.  This has happened 3 nights already this week.  And it lasts for at least an hour and no matter how hard I try to focus on something else, try and assure myself that we'll be fine and that my teams is doing a great job of knocking out the tasks, I can't seem to put it to bed (ha. ha.).

This morning my boss walks up and asks how I'm doing.  He then parlays into whether or not my hours of staying up at night thinking about work had subsided.  Of course I answer "No."  and with out hesitation he looks at me says "You need to increase your alcohol consumption."

On an unrelated note: I spelled every word in this post correctly on my first shot without spell checker.  HOT DAMN!

Although long, this is a very funny comic about software development:




No comments:

Post a Comment